Friday, September 27, 2013

The Sixth Sense Movie Review


Title: The Sixth Sense

Year: 1999

Time: 1hr 47min

Rating: 4.5/5

I really don't like scary movies! I always picture the monsters (or ghosts) when I am lying down at night. Every noise freaks me out after I watch a scary movie! Even the old movies sometimes freak me out to the point I can't sleep. I have already told you that I am a scaredy cat so this should come as no surprise.
Malcolm Crowe (Bruce Willis) is a child psychologist who was shot in his home by an old patient who he thought was a schizophrenic. To try to make up for it he tries to help Cole Sear (Haley Joel Osment) a boy who reminds him of the patient who shot him. (The old patient is now dead!)
Cole is a troubled kid who keeps his secret from the world till he meets Malcolm. He feels Malcolm is the only one who can help and understand him so he tries to help Malcolm believe. See Cole sees dead people who make his life a living hell. They hurt and scare him.
Once Malcolm believes he does his best to help Cole overcome his fear. Will Cole be able to move on and see these Spector's? Or will they tear his world apart?
Despite my fear of the things I can't explain I found that I really enjoyed this movie! I never expected the twist till I thought back and saw it was kind of obvious! Such a great twist! I loved it though I'm not saying that I was able to sleep at all for a few nights. Still worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment